BURNSVILLE, MN – Americans for Prosperity Action® today released a new digital ad highlighting Erik Paulsen’s record of supporting historic tax relief, reducing government-imposed health care costs, and standing up to his party to do what’s right for Minnesota. The ad is the latest installment in AFP Action’s efforts to educate and mobilize Minnesotans to support Paulsen this November.
AFP Action Senior Adviser Jason Flohrs issued the following statement:
“Erik Paulsen has worked hard to ensure Minnesotans can keep more of their hard-earned paychecks, supported free-market reforms to make health care more affordable, and helped provide greater economic opportunity for all Minnesotans. A two-decade low unemployment rate and a growing economy shows what happens when we empower people, not the government. As one of the few leaders within Congress on immigration reform and trade, we need more representatives like Erik Paulsen in Washington willing to put principles over politics. Paulsen is the right choice for Minnesota and we are making sure voters know he is the candidate who will support the pro-growth policies proven to work.”
AFP Action | Grassroots Activities in Full Gear for Erik Paulsen
In just seven months after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was enacted, over 1.5 million jobs have been created and continuing claims for unemployment benefits are at their lowest level since 1973. Minnesota companies of all sizes have reaped the benefits of tax reform and announced base wage increases, bonuses, and millions in charitable contributions that positively impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of Minnesotans and their families.
- U.S. Bancorp announced $1,000 bonuses for 60,000 employees; a base wage increase to $15 per hour; and $150 million for charitable contributions.
- TCF Financial announced $1,000 bonuses for full-time employees, $500 bonuses for part-time employees, and a $5 million donation to their charitable foundation.
- Best Buy announced over 100,000 employees will receive a bonus, with full-time employees receiving a $1,000 bonus and part-time employees receiving a $500 bonus.
- Data Sales Co., Inc. announced all of their employees will receive a $1,000 bonus.
- Ecolab announced it will make a $25 million contribution to its charitable foundation.
As a member of the House Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Paulsen opposed the detrimental border adjustment tax.
Paulsen has been a proponent of free and open trade.
- Rep. Paulsen Press Release | Paulsen Stands Up for Minnesota Job Creators & Free Trade, Questions Administration Trade Policy
Paulsen has been an advocate for a permanent, legislative fix to DACA.
- “Last week, however, Paulsen offered his support to something that Speaker Paul Ryan wishes would just go away: the push to secure a lasting solution for the young, undocumented immigrants known as Dreamers, whose legal status in the U.S. was terminated by President Donald Trump last September.” (Sam Brodey, “Rep. Erik Paulsen is the picture of a loyal Republican in the House. So why has he joined the revolt on immigration policy?” Minnesota Post, 5/30/18)